Sunday 18 April 2010

How to make 'Robert' look anorexic

Firstly, I researched on the internet what someone would look like anorexic.

I found that they looked very gaunt, pale, had bad skin, thin and usually quite skinny, with a redish colour around their eyes. The redish colour around the eyes was to signify the lack of sleep he was having and to portray how cold it was where 'Robert' and 'Dianne' were staying.

These were some of the pictures I found that helped inspire me to give 'Robert' the look I thought was best suited for his character.


1. This photo is a clear example of the gauntiness I was previously talking about, however it is not very clear.







2. Whereas this picture is the look I was going for with 'Robert'. I was unable to find a photo of a man that looked obviously anorexic.
Its almost as though the skin is a little transparent, where you can see the veins.









3. Someone with anorexia would tend to have dark circles around their eyes and a defined shape to their cheek bones. This is due to the little amount of fat they have on their face.









4. This image is more insightful as it presents the look I want to show on Robert. It has the round circled eyes and the gauntness I want to display on Robert. I may need to use dark shadows underlining the cheek bone to emphasize on this.









No comments:

Post a Comment