Sunday 4 April 2010

Make-up of Dianne



Choosing the right colours for Dianne were not very difficult for me as I had a rough idea at the beginning of the pre-production stage how I wanted her to look and appear.













1. Kate Beckinsale was an obvious choice of mine as soon as I read over the script and had a full understanding of the narrative. Dianne is a bright-faced character who believed in the typical romantic fanatasy portraying the classical beauty look in which influenced me to partially use and take on this natural glamorous look portrayed by Kate Beckinsale.






2. Norah Jones is another influence that made me want to stick to the natural - beauty look. As Diannes character has brown hair it would only make sense to give Dianne the same kind of look as this was another look I wanted to display through Dianne.









You can see the light purple eyeshadow used on her eyelids to empasize on the rosy - look I was going for, also the burgundy lips and and rosy cheeks to illustrate this. Again, the purple - pink scarf to carry out the rosy, classic beauty look.


Here you can see I used black eye-liner to show off her eyes and to make them look bigger with white eyeshadow inside the inner corner eye-lid to create this illusion.

Overall, I would like to think that the look I have given Dianne is the flawless yet somewhat modest beauty in which the make-up details.

No comments:

Post a Comment